Universities of Applied Sciences
The Berlin School of Economics and Law (Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin) is a University of Applied Sciences.
The German Universities of Applied Sciences were established in the early 1970s to provide the practice-oriented approach to higher education valued by German industries in the international markets. Since then they have established themselves as a major pillar in the German higher education system.
The major strengths of the German Universities of Applied Sciences are:
- Academic learning linked to real-life practice
- Small class size with continual assessment and subjects relating to professional needs
- Internships and supervised work experience
- Applied research in cooperation with companies and application-oriented institutes
- Strong international outlook and programme structure