Prof. Dr. habil. Dr. Dmitry Ivanov
Department of Business and Economics
Professor for Supply Chain Management
Specialist area: Global Supply Chain and Operations Management
T: +49 (0)30 30877-1155
Badensche Straße 50-51
Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin
Badensche Straße 52
Academic and Professional Career
- 2000-2001: Project engineer, BRAIN Saint Petersburg Ltd.
- 2001-2003: TU Chemnitz, DAAD-Scholar
- 2003-2005: Project manager ERP systems
- 2005-2006: German Chancellor Scholar, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, TU Chemnitz
- 2006: PhD (Dr. rer. pol.) TU Chemnitz (supervisor: Prof. Dr. Joachim Käschel)
- 2006-2010: Research associate, TU Chemnitz
- 2008: Habilitation to Dr. Sc. in St. Petersburg
- 2010-2011: Professor of Operations Management at University of Hamburg
- 2011: Habilitation to Dr. rer. pol. habil., TU Chemnitz (venia legendi)
- Since 10/2011 – Chair Professor for International Supply Chain Management at BSEL, Global Supply Chain and Operations Management Group
- Since 2016: Master program director „Global Supply Chain and Operations Management“
Key Aspects of practise
- Supply Chain Design
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Distribution Planning
- ERP and APS Systems
- Supply Chain Scheduling and Control
International contacts (e. g.)
- Baruch College – City University of New York
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Editorial Board Member and Associate Editor, International Journal of Systems Science: Operations and Logistics (Taylor&Francis)
- Guest-Editor International Journal of Production Research (Taylor&Francis)
- Guest-Editor International Journal of Integrated Supply Management (Inderscience)
- St. Petersburger Institut für Informatik und Automatisierung der Russischen Akademie für Wissenschaft
- Ecole des Mines de Nantes
- Universität Wien
- UTT Troyes
- University of Padova
- Clemson University
- University of Marseille
- FINEC St. Petersburg
- University of Pittsburgh
- Imperial College London
- Vice-Chair IFAC TC 5.2 „Manufacturing Modelling for Management and Control”
- Member IFAC TC 5.2 „Manufacturing Modelling for Management and Control”
- Chair der IFAC TC 5.2 „Manufacturing Modelling for Management and Control” Working group on Supply Network Engineering
- Member of Task force on Collaborative Networks under FInES (the cluster of EC projects under the umbrella of Future Internet Enterprise Systems)
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Systems Science (Taylor&Francis)
- IPC Mitglied auf zahlreicher internationalen Konferenzen
- Editorial Board Member, Decision Making in Manufacturing and Service
- Editorial Board Member, Russian Journal of Management
- Editorial Board Member, SPII of Russian Academy of Science
- Editorial Board Member International Journal of Inventory Research
- Member German Academic Association for Business Research e.V. (VHB), Scientific Commissions Production and Logistics
- Member Society for Operations Research e.V. (GOR), WG Supply Chain Management
- Member INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences)
- 2009: Distinction from the Russian National Supply Chain Council for study book Supply Chain Management
- 2005: German Chancellor Scholar, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- 2004: Best Paper Award; International Conference Logistika 2004 in St. Petersburg
- Logistics and Supply Chain Optimisation
- Supply Chain Design and Risk Management
- Supply Chain Scheduling
- Mathematical optimization and control theory
- Production management
- ERP and APS Systems
Key Aspects in Teaching
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management
- Quantitative Methods in Business Administration
Research Projects and Fields
- Global Supply Chain Design with Disruption Management
- Schedule robustness and stability analysis
- Distribution planning
- Dynamic Supply Chain Scheduling
- Supply Chain Structure Dynamics Control
- Information Systems in SCM
- Optimal control theory for SCM (Dynamic Scheduling and Routing, Energy Supply Chains, Process industry, …)
- Robustness, Stability and Adaptation of Supply Chains
- Intelligent Information and Product Technologies for Supply Chain Integration
- Multi-disciplinary modelling of Suppy Chains
Selected, current Publications
- Ivanov D., Tsipoulanidis, A., Schönberger, J. (2016) Global Supply Chain and Operations Management: A decision-oriented introduction into the creation of value, Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-24217-0.
- Ivanov D., Sokolov B., Pavlov A., Dolgui A., Pavlov D. (2016) Disruption-driven supply chain (re)-planning and performance impact assessment with consideration of pro-active and recovery policies. Transportation Research: Part E, 10.1016/j.tre.2015.12.007.
- Ivanov D., Dolgui A., Sokolov B. (2016) Robust dynamic schedule coordination control in the supply chain. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 94, 18-31.
- Ivanov, D., Sokolov, B., Dolgui, A., Solovyeva,I., Jie, F. (2016). Dynamic recovery policies for time-critical supply chains under conditions of ripple effect. International Journal of Production Research, accepted.
- Ivanov, D., Dolgui A., Sokolov B., Werner F. (2016) Schedule robustness analysis with the help of attainable sets in continuous flow problem under capacity disruptions, International Journal of Production Research, accepted.
- Ivanov D., Mason S., Hartl R. (2016). Supply Chain Dynamics, Control and Disruption Management, International Journal of Production Research, 54(1), 1-7.
- Ivanov, D., Sokolov, B., Dolgui, A., Werner, F., Ivanova, M. (2016). A dynamic model and an algorithm for short-term supply chain scheduling in the smart factory Industry 4.0. International Journal of Production Research, 54(2), 386-402.
- Sokolov, B., Ivanov, D., Dolgui A., Pavlov A. (2016). Structural analysis of the ripple effect in the supply chain. International Journal of Production Research, 54(1), 152-169.
- Ivanov, D., Sokolov, B., Hartl, R., Dolgui, A., Pavlov, A., Solovyeva, I. (2015). Integration of aggregate distribution and dynamic transportation planning in a supply chain with capacity disruptions and ripple effect considerations. International Journal of Production Research, 53(23), 6963-6979.
- Ivanova M., Kaeschel J., Ivanov D. (2015) Analysis of the order recovery point location in the supply chain, International Journal of Integrated Supply Management, 9(4), 329-342.
- Ivanov, D., Sokolov, B., Dolgui, A. (2014) The Ripple effect in supply chains: trade-off ”˜efficiency-flexibility-resilience’ in disruption management, International Journal of Production Research, 52:7, 2154-2172.
- Ivanov D., Sokolov B., Pavlov A. (2014) Optimal distribution (re)planning in a centralized multi-stage network under conditions of ripple effect and structure dynamics, European Journal of Operational Research, 237(2), 758-770.
- Ivanov D., Sokolov B., Dolgui, A. (2014) Multi-stage supply chain scheduling in petrochemistry with non-preemptive operations and execution control, accepted in: International Journal of Production Research, 52(13), 4059-4077.
- Ivanov D., Sokolov B. (2013) Control and system-theoretic identification of the supply chain dynamics domain for planning, analysis, and adaptation of performance under uncertainty, European Journal of Operational Research, 224(2), 313-323.
- Ivanov D., Sokolov B. (2013) Dynamic coordinated scheduling in the supply chain under a process modernization, International Journal of Production Research, 51(9), 2680-2697.
- Ivanov D., Sokolov B., Pavlov, A. (2013) Dual problem formulation and its application to optimal re-design of an integrated production-distribution network with structure dynamics and ripple effect considerations: International Journal of Production Research, 51(18), 5386-5403.
- Ivanov, D., Sokolov B. (2012) Dynamic supply chain scheduling, Journal of Scheduling, 15(2), 201-216.
- Ivanov, D., Sokolov B., Dolgui, A. (2012) Applicability of optimal control theory to adaptive supply chain planning and scheduling, Annual Reviews in Control, 36, 73-84.
- Ivanov D., Sokolov B. (2012) Structure dynamics control approach to supply chain planning and adaptation, International Journal of Production Research, 50(21), 6133-6149.
- Ivanov, D., Sokolov B., Kaeschel J. (2010) A multi-structural framework for adaptive supply chain planning and operations control with structure dynamics considerations, European Journal of Operational Research, 200(2), 2010, pp. 409-420.
- Ivanov D. (2010) A framework for aligning (re)planning decisions on supply chains strategy, design, tactics, and operations, in: International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 48, No. 13, pp. 3999-4017.
- Ivanov, D., Sokolov, B. Adaptive Supply Chain Management, London et al., Springer, 2010, ISBN 978-1-84882-951-0