Business Administration – Logistics and Transportation
The international study program is currently not offered.
The bachelor degree course Business Administration – Logistics and Transportation of the Department of Cooperative Studies of the Berlin School of Economics and Law is oriented towards the actual demand for on a high level in business and logistics trained personnel for industry, trade, third part logistics providers and other service industry companies.
The degree course offers a comprehensive and multi-faceted training in this area. This can be seen in the current curriculum as well as the close collaboration with the modern logistics industry. The degree course provides an efficient and practice-oriented training with the latest state-of-field knowledge. The logistic and transport orientation is an essential part of the curriculum.
The course is accredited as an intensive study course by AQUAS, a governmental approved agency for quality assignments and certification according to European education standards.
The Bachelor programme Business Administration/Logistics and Transportation will be offered in 2017 only in German.
|Faculty||Department of Cooperative Studies|
|Degree||Bachelor of Arts (210 ECTS credit points)|
|Structure||Full-time study with regularly practical phases|
|Start||October 1st, annually (with corresponding demand)|
|Programme Intake||30 students per semester|
|Accreditation||accredited as an intensive study course by AQUAS|
The study qualifies to take over commercial and executive functions in:
- Logistics companies, third-party logistics providers and service-industry companies
- Logistic departments of industrial and trading companies
- Recycling and waste management companies
- Consulting companies in the area of logistics-, stock-, transportation- and environmental-management,
Due to globalization and the specific demands placed on logistics, the students will be prepared for the international aspects in the course contents as well in integrated foreign language classes with business focus.
As logistic service providers have an special focus on the needs of their customers, they achive very fast more responsability and have better possibilities of advancement if they are respectively committed.
Already during the study, the students are introduced into the practice, because they collaborate in the differetn departments of their practice partners and cooperate in practical projects. After the exams this students are able to start right on working and do not need any further familiarization, because they already know the whole company.
In addition to the general courses of a business study programme (business administration, economics, accounting, law) key aspect of the study are:
- Logistics, transport and stock management
- International economy and market situation for transportation an logistics services
- Transportation and logistics geography and traffic politics
- Operative and strategic logistics planning
- Logistics controlling and Supply-Chain-Monitoring
- Transportation insurance and law
- International customs and security regulations
- Quality and recycling management
- Information and communication systems
- Intercultural- and project-management with case studies
- Soft skills (intercultural social behavior and planning methods)
The students are prepared for the arising special challenge with the globalisation of the logistics sector with specialized contents in all subjects and integrated courses in foreign languages with a special focus on business adminsitation contents.
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Location||Berlin and in the practice phases at the respective enterprises of the contract partners|
|Study Abroad||Possibility of abroad studies in the 5th semester|
|Supervised Work Experience||The dual studies means, that the theory and practice phases alternate during the whole three years, every three months|
|Cooperation||All students have an traineeship contract with appropiate|
Admission Requirements and Selection Procedure
Academic qualifications meeting the general requirements for admission to a University or University of Applied Sciences, or professional qualifications allowing University admission as specified in §10 and §11 of the Law on Institutions of Higher Education in the State of Berlin (Berliner Hochschulgesetz ”‘ BerlHG)
- A contract (on a form) with a suitable apprenticeship institution/ company
- Excellent English skills proved by
- TOEFL iBT min.87 points or
- TOEFL ITP min. 543 or
- ELSA–test min. 383 pointss
In order to be admitted to the dual study program "Business Administration - Logistics and Transportation", which ist taught in English, international applicants are required to provide proof of basic German language skills (Level A1).
For study courses in German international students have to prove their German proficiency through the “Test of German Language Ability for Foreign College Students (DSH 2)”. Graduates of the Goethe-Zertifikats C2 (Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS)) by the Goethe-Institut and Test-DaF-Graduates with the result of TDN degree 4 in all four tests do not need the DSH.
- Applications can be submitted at any time. The international study program is currently not offered due to insufficient demand.
Fees and Bursaries
|Semester fee||(at present) € 303.39 per semester (incl. local transport semester ticket)|