- German and European public law
- Multi-level law and politics
- Human Rights
- Justice and Home Affairs (law and policy; police law)
- Data protection/privacy (law and policy)
- Environmental law and policy
- Public administration: reform and accountability
- Financial accountability and audit institutions
Research projects (selection)
Multi-level law, multi-level politics and multi-level public adminstrations
This research project is looking at the interrelationship between multi-level law, multi-level politics and multi-level public administrations.
Results of a number of case studies on different issues have already been published.
A book evaluating the results of these case studies is forthcoming.
Accountability of Public Administrations/Police Accountability
The research project is investigating into different aspects of accountability of public administrations in a transdisciplinary legal, administrative and political science perspective. The international comparison of police complaint mechanisms is a core element of this research.
Some results have already been published.
Police Cooperation in the European Union under the Treaty of Lisbon - Opportunities and Limitations
Conference and edited volume, funded by the European Commission (via the Arbeitskreis Europäische Integration e.V.) and by the Groupe Européen de Recherche sur les Normativités.