Applicants with a Non-German Bachelor degree
We are glad you have decided to apply for one of the master programmes offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics.
- uni-assist e. V.
Students with a Non-German Bachelor degree apply at uni-assist e. V.. It is a certification office founded to support German universities by converting foreign grades and degrees into their German equivalents. Once your application passes the uni-assist system check, it will be transferred to our university for further processing.
Please note that uni-assist charges a processing fee according to the number of universities you want to apply to.
Please send your completed application to the following address:
uni-assist e. V.
c/o HWR Berlin (Master programmes)
To complete your application, please include:
- filled in application form
- University degree
- Transcript of Record (please mark required relevant modules with grades and credit points)
- Proof of English proficiency (at least B2 level). If you can prove that you have already studied at least one year in English you will not need to submit an English test.
- Motivation letter (in English, not more than one page)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- A formally certified and stamped photocopy of all diplomas, degrees or certificates must be attached to your application. Please do not send any original documents!
- Accepted authentication bodies are
- German Embassy or Consulate
- Notary from Germany or an EU country
- Public authorities and institutions in Germany
- Authorities from an EU country
- The institution that issued your original certificate (the stamp on the certificate and on the authentication must be identical!)
- Certificates not issued in German or English must be translated into German or English. Translations must be formally certified and submitted in the original.
Additionally we need a certified copy of your original Diploma/Bachelor.
- The (e-mail) address you have provided us with is the address we use in order to contact you. Please make sure you notify us of a change of address as soon as possible. A missed deadline that might emanate from a failure to do so is your responsibility.
- HWR Berlin only processes applications that have been completed accurately and signed. All questions must be answered. The application can only be considered if it is sent in before the closing date and certified copies of all those certificates that are required are attached. Applications that are sent by e-mail or fax will not be processed.
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian Applicants need to submit an APS certificate (available at the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) in the German Embassy in Beijing, Hanoi, Ulan Bator)