Dear Exchange Students,
the following guidance includes all frequently asked questions that could appear before your stay in Berlin or while you are staying here in Berlin.
The FAQ concerns all kinds of questions about housing, money issues, about Berlin, health insurance and before & after your arrival.
- Where can I live in Berlin?
- Can I apply for the room at the student residence on my own?
- Can I chose a specific residence hall?
- Can I change the dorm if I don’t like it or find another accommodation?
- Where can I look for a room on my own?
- Do I have to pay a semester contribution?
- Do I need a printed transfer confirmation?
- When will I get the security deposit back?
- Do I have to pay the semester contribution even if I have a scholarship?
- Should I upgrade my current health insurance or should I get a new one in Germany (for Non-EU-Citizens)?
- What is the Buddy Program?
- Do I need to apply for a Buddy?
- Do I need to select my courses prior to my arrival?