General Information about Application for Exchange Students
On this site you find the on-line Application Form for Student Exchange and all further information you need to enrol as an exchange student at the Berlin School of Economics and Law (Faculty of Business and Economics).
We are delighted that you have chosen to study at BSEL on exchange and look forward to hosting you here. In order to come to BSEL as an exchange student you must be enrolled at one of BSEL’s partner universities. The International Office at your home institution will determine your eligibility for an exchange program, so please contact the respective coordinator at your university concerning eligibility requirements, as well as their application procedures first.
If your university does not appear on the list of exchange partners, you may wish to consider attending BSEL summer schools or even coming as a full degree student.
Once your university has formally nominated you for exchange, you will need to complete our online application form. The form also includes application for an Intensive German course at BSEL.
Please consider the following:
- To apply please complete the web-based application form and submit it online. (the link to the form is in the box at the right side of this page). It is available during the following application periods:
- May 01–June 15 for applications for the winter semester (same year)
- October 15–November 15 for applications for the summer semester (following year)
When you have finished the online application, please print the application form, sign it and have it signed by the international coordinator at your home university. Then please send it to us by post. Please add the following documents
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your European Health Insurance Card (if applicable)
Berlin School of Economics and Law
International Office/ Incoming
Badensche Str. 52
- As a special offer for exchange students, the BSEL co-operates with TU Berlin to offer a preparatory Intensive German Course. This course usually takes place two weeks before the start of the semester (in mid-March for the summer semester and in mid-September for the winter semester). If you would like to participate please fill in the Application for.
- In order to enrol at the Berlin School of Economics and Law, you will have to show proof of a valid health insurance. Check here for more information: Health Insurance
- Your semester fee includes the semester ticket for the use of the public transport system in Berlin for the whole semester (October 01- March 31 or April 01 – September 30). The exact fee depends on your study programme (ERASMUS, Free Mover, Double Degree etc.). Your individual semester fee will be shown on your application form at the end of the online registration procedure. Please transfer exactly the amount indicated there.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact the International Office of the Berlin School of Economics and Law.