broadening horizons – interdisciplinary – applied skills
The modern world of work is growing steadily more complex. Today, in addition to specialised expertise and social skills, solid interdisciplinary knowledge is increasingly important. Taking a look beyond the horizon of your specialised area can be an inspiring and valuable experience – and can provide a key input in career and lifestyle decisions.
The General Studies programme:
- Allows BSEL students to set their own focus in expanding their horizons;
- Promotes a broader awareness of issues, fosters interdisciplinary approaches, builds a knowledge framework, and provides key vocational qualifications;
- Supports the University’s role in disseminating knowledge that helps to preserve and improve environmental and life conditions;
- Contributes, in its range of courses, to dismantling prejudices and encouraging understanding between diverse countries, demographic groups and cultures.
Students on the General Studies programme can…
- Discover a range of interesting topics which reflect their own interests,
- Expand their educational horizon and close knowledge gaps,
- Acquire skills they need on MA programmes with a different specialisation.