Markets and Management in Europe (M+M)
The business programmes are a unique blend of business, politics, language and culture, offering business and economics students alike the chance to undertake a demanding, in-depth study of Germany and the European Union. “Markets and Management in Europe (M+M) has become our ‘classic’. The academic content of this course is taught in three modules which are specifically focused on intercultural management, marketing, and economics. Students are being offered a multidisciplinary approach to the headline topic including institutional visits and a visit to an automobile company (e.g. Volkswagen in Wolfsburg) as well as German language & culture classes at beginners level.
- Date: June 30 - July 20, 2013 (three weeks)
- Course Content:
- Cultural Diversity and Cross Cultural Management
- Economics of the European Union
- Marketing for the Automobile Industry
- The course program also includes:
- Academic support program: Study visits to companies and (political) institutions
- Introductory German language lessons
- Course Language: English
Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL ibt 90 or equivalent) is required.
- Target Group: Advanced undergraduate business and economics majors (after 2 years of study) or graduates with good standing.
- Number of Participants: Approx. 20-25
- Registration Deadline: April 1, 2013
March 15, 2013 for nominated students from partner universities
- Course Fees: EUR 1.400,-
This includes tuition and application fees, accommodation with breakfast, an academic support program (study visits), health, accident and liability insurance, service and most parts of the optional culture and leisure time program.
Students' Hostel: double rooms with private bath and breakfast, no kitchenette.
Arrival June 30 (move-in), departure July 20 (move-out).
On weekdays lunch can be purchased in the student cafeteria for very reasonable prices.
Culture and Leisure Time Program:
The International Office team offers participants a wide variety of optional cultural and social events in Berlin and surrounding area about twice a week. This may include visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites (Museum Island in Berlin, Castles and Gardens in Potsdam), Berlin Wall Museum and Holocaust Museum, excursion to the Memorial Sachsenhausen, a boat trip, Beach Bar, and many other activities.
- 75 contact hours
- 60 contact hours business course incl. academic support program
- 15 contact hours German language & culture at beginners level
- 7 ECTS credits
- One class hour is 45 min long.
Contact, Enquiries and Registration
Berlin School of Economics & Law / HWR Berlin
Berlin International Summer School
For more information, please also see Information / Frequently Asked Questions