Markets and Management in Europe (M+M)
The business programmes are a unique blend of business, politics, language and culture, offering business and economics students alike the chance to undertake a demanding, in-depth study of Germany and the European Union. “Markets and Management in Europe (M+M) has become our ”˜classic’. The academic content of this course is taught in three modules which are specifically focused on intercultural management, marketing, and economics. Students are being offered a multidisciplinary approach to the headline topic including institutional visits and a visit to an automobile company (e.g. Volkswagen in Wolfsburg) as well as German language & culture classes at beginners level.
- Date: July 3 - 23, 2016 (three weeks)
- Course Content:
- Cultural Diversity and Cross Cultural Management
- Economics of the European Union
- Marketing for the Automobile Industry
- The course program also includes:
- Academic support program: Study visits to companies and (political) institutions
- Introductory German language lessons
- Course Language: English
Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL ibt 90 or equivalent) is required.
- Target Group: Advanced undergraduate business and economics majors (after 2 years of study) or graduates with good standing.
- Number of Participants: Approx. 20-25
- Registration Deadline: April 1, 2016
March 15, 2016 for nominated students from partner universities
Student Village (student dorm type): single rooms with breakfast (kitchenette available). Or Student Hostel: shared rooms with breakfast.
Arrival July 3 (move-in), departure July 23 (move-out).
On weekdays lunch can be purchased in the student cafeteria for very reasonable prices.
Culture and Leisure Time Program:
The International Office team offers participants a wide variety of optional cultural and social events in Berlin and surrounding area about twice a week. This may include visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites (Museum Island in Berlin, Castles and Gardens in Potsdam), Berlin Wall Museum and Holocaust Museum, excursion to the Memorial Sachsenhausen, a boat trip, Beach Bar, and many other activities.
- 75 contact hours
- 60 contact hours business course incl. academic support program
- 15 contact hours German language & culture at beginners level
- 7 ECTS credits
- One class hour is 45 min long.
For more information, please also see Information / Frequently Asked Questions