International Business Strategy in the Service Industry
Discover the international strategies initiated by companies from a European perspective. This two-week programme offers students the chance to undertake a demanding, in-depth study of international strategies combined with insights into the local culture. The first week equips students with a foundation in challenges and trends for businesses in Europe and in the second week students undertake case studies in order to explore the European service industries in more depth.
- Date: 5 - 18 January 2020 (two weeks)
- Registration Deadline: 15 October 2019
- Course content:
- Global Market Challenges and Trends for Businesses in Europe
- Global Strategies in Services Industries
- European Companies: Case Studies
- The course program also includes:
- Study visits to companies and (political) institutions
- Extra module on German Culture & Society: Intercultural Perspectives
- Course language: English
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL ibt 90 or equivalent) is required.
- Target group: Advanced (Bachelor & Master) business
Number of participants: approx. 20-25
- Student hostels with shared rooms and breakfast.
- Arrival January 5 (move in to accommodation), departure January 18 (move out of accommodation).
- On weekdays a reasonably-priced lunch can be purchased in the student cafeteria.
- Dinner can be purchased at various locations within the city for between 4-8 Euros.
Culture and Leisure Time Programme
The International Office team offers participants a wide variety of optional cultural and social events in Berlin and the surrounding area about twice a week. This may include visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites (e.g the Museum Island in Berlin and castles and gardens in Potsdam), the Berlin Wall Museum and Holocaust Museum, or other leisure activites such as ice-skating.
50 contact hours
- 40 contact hours' business course including mandatory class excursions
- 10 contact hours' German Culture & Society: Intercultural Perspectives module
5 ECTS credits
One class hour is 45 minutes in length