Applicants with a Non-German Bachelor degree
We are glad you have decided to apply for one of the master programmes offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics.
- uni-assist e. V.
Students with a Non-German Bachelor degree apply at uni-assist e. V.. It is a certification office founded to support German universities by converting foreign grades and degrees into their German equivalents. Once your application passes the uni-assist system check, it will be transferred to our university for further processing.
Please note that uni-assist charges a processing fee according to the number of universities you want to apply to.
Please register online first and send your completed documents to the following address:
uni-assist e. V.
To complete your application, please include:
- University degree
- Transcript of Record (please mark required relevant modules with grades and credit points).
If your subject and grade summary does not include the applied grading system, please include information on the grading system used by your school or university as well.
- GMAT with a score of 600 or above
(mandatory only for applicants who made their first degree in a country which is not member of the EU / EEA applying for International Business and Consulting and International Marketing; applicants for International Finance and Accounting and Controlling can improve their range in the ranking by handing in a GMAT voluntarily).
- Proof of English proficiency (at least B2 level). If you can prove that you have already studied at least one year in English you will not need to submit an English test. Also not needed in case you have a GMAT
- Proof of German proficiency (at least B2 level) if you apply for the programmes Finance, Accounting, Controlling and Taxation (FACT), Marketing Management (deutsch/englisch) or Business Law in an International Context. If you can prove that you have already studied at least one year in German you will not need to submit German test.
- Motivation letter (in English, not more than one page)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- university entrance qualification / school-leaving certificate e.g. high school diploma, matura, international baccalaureate (simple copy, only for statistical reasons)
- For additional country specific requirements, please, consult uni-assist.
- A formally certified and stamped photocopy of all diplomas, degrees or certificates must be attached to your application. Please do not send any original documents!
- German Embassy or Consulate
- Notary from Germany or an EU country
- Public authorities and institutions in Germany
- Authorities from an EU country
- The institution that issued your original certificate (the stamp on the certificate and on the authentication must be identical!)
Accepted authentication bodies are
- Certificates not issued in German or English must be translated into German or English. Translations must be formally certified and submitted in the original.
Additionally we need a certified copy of your original Diploma/Bachelor.
- The (e-mail) address you have provided us with is the address we use in order to contact you. Please make sure you notify us of a change of address as soon as possible. A missed deadline that might emanate from a failure to do so is your responsibility.
- HWR Berlin only processes applications that have been completed accurately. The application can only be considered if Uni Assist receives all documents before the closing date and certified copies of all those certificates that are required are attached. We recommend to apply early, at least six weeks before the deadline expires. Applications that are sent by e-mail or fax will not be processed.
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian Applicants need to submit an APS certificate (available at the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) in the German Embassy in Beijing, Hanoi, Ulan Bator)