Kursprogramm WS 2017/18
Applying for a job successfully requires you to know who you are, what you have to offer, what you want to achieve, and how to put your best qualities forward. A solid understanding of the English-language job application process will help you on your way to making the best first impression.
The Application Process
- What documents do I need when applying in English?
- What do I need to know about the format and structure of my CV/resume and cover letter?
- What should I include in my cover letter and resume? What should I leave out?
- What do I need to know about the selection criteria for jobs in the English-speaking job market?
- What should I do to prepare for a job interview in English?
- What interview questions can I expect to be asked and how can I prepare myself to best answer these questions?
Please bring your own laptop and a job posting for a position to which you’d like to apply (if you don’t have a job you are considering applying for, please bring a position description for your dream job or a job you would apply for if you were currently looking).
Lecturer: Amanda Wichert
1 SWS; 0,5 ECTS