Prof. Dr. Andreas Polk
Department of Business and Economics
Professor of Economics
Phone: +49 (30) 30877 1162
since 2008: Professor of Economics, Berlin School of Economics and Law.
since 2011: Member of the Academic Senate, Berlin School of Economics and Law.
since 2011: Regular member of expert panels for the re-accreditation of higher education institutions in Croatia.
since 2012: Course director of the study programme Economics.
Academic and professional career
- Bundeskartellamt (Federal Cartel Office, Germany), focus on energy policy and the economic foundations of competition policy.
- Obtained doctorate at the University of Zurich on the topic "The Economics of Lobbying and Special Interest Groups"
- Assistant to the Chair for Microeconomics, Industrial Organisation, and Environmental Economics at the University of Zurich (Prof. Dr. Schmutzler)
- Assistant to the Chair for Economic Theory at the University of Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. Faber)
- Studied Economics at the University of Heidelberg and the University of Duisburg