Guide for concerns and complaints
As part of the quality management system of the HWR Berlin, the general conditions and requirements for your studies are subject to permanent monitoring.
As students, you have the opportunity to express criticism, make suggestions for improvement and provide general feedback, especially in the regular student survey and course evaluation. This form of recording is suitable for systematically and regularly further developing and adapting procedures and approaches.
These instruments are not suitable for individual questions and/or complaints that require a special, individual or possibly quick solution approach. In these cases, there are responsible contact persons to whom you can turn. Below you will find a list of these offices together with information on which details are required for processing. Please contact the relevant office with your request. You will receive a written response from them as to how your concern or complaint has been dealt with.
The following information would be helpful in processing your request:
- Which university location, which building, which room, or exactly where in the building
- Date when the problem was detected
- Brief description of the problem or your suggestion for solving the problem
Cleanliness, defective room equipment, etc.
- Schöneberg Campus: maengelbearbeitung.cs(at)hwr-berlin.de
- Lichtenberg Campus: maengelbearbeitung.cl(at)hwr-berlin.de
IT equipment, network
- IT Hotline: it-hotline(at)hwr-berlin.de
- IT-Helpdesk: it.hwr-berlin.de/helpdesk
- S.A.M.: sam-support(at)hwr-berlin.de
- Moodle: elearning(at)hwr-berlin.de
- Barriers e.g. technical or other: inklusion(at)hwr-berlin.de
The following information would be helpful in processing your concern/complaint:
- Which degree program, which course, which instructor
- Date, when did the problem occur (e.g. during one course or during the whole semester)
- Short description of your concern/problem or your suggestion for solving the problem.
- If you have already contacted someone, who and with what result?
- Study Offices: The study or departmental office responsible for your program of study.
In case of content-related problems in courses, it is advisable to contact the respective teacher first and, if necessary, the head of the study program in the next step.
- Lecturer: Contacts on sam.hwr-berlin.de
- Study program management: Contacts on Study program pages
The following information would be helpful in addressing your concern/complaint:
- Which course of study, which course or which examination, which teacher
- brief description of the problem
- If you have already contacted someone about this, who and with what result
If you have problems with exams, you can write to the exam committees (only available in German).
- Examination committees Department 1: Business and Economics
- Specialized direction and offices Department 2: Cooperative Studies
- Examination committees Department 3: Public Administration
- Examination committees Department 4: Legal Studies
- Examination committees Department 5: Police and Security Management
- Examination committees Berlin Professional School
The following information would be helpful in processing your complaint:
- your degree program
- brief description of the problem or your suggestion for solving the problem
- If you have already contacted someone, who and with what result
Application / Admission / Enrolment / Re-enrolment
- Office for Applications, Admissions and Enrolment bbzi(at)hwr-berlin.de
Organizational problems of the course
Study Offices: The study or departmental office responsible for your degree program.
- AStA Semester ticket office: semtix(at)asta-hwr.de
Quality management study and teaching
- ZaQ: zaq(at)hwr-berlin.de
Safety/ Fire protection/ Work safety/ Accidents
- Various places: Safe and secure at the HWR Berlin
Of course, you can also contact us with confidential matters. The offices listed here will not disclose your information without your consent and will treat your request confidentially.
Sexual assault / violence
- Representative for women‘s affairs and gender equality: frauenbeauftragte(at)hwr-berlin.de
Discrimination / Diversity
- Diversity: diversity(at)hwr-berlin.de
- Inklusion: inklusion(at)hwr-berlin.de
Confidential concerns and complaints
For your confidential concern/complaint, please contact one of the student advisors personally in the first step.
All student concerns
- Please send all inquiries directly to the AStA department responsible for the matter, see: asta-hwr.de/en/committee
- If your request is not properly assigned, then simply write to: kontakt(at)asta-hwr.de
Concerns that are not listed.
- Student counselling services: studienberatung(at)hwr-berlin.de
This could also be of interest:
Diversity at HWR Berlin
Student counselling services
IT department of the HWR Berlin