Entrepreneurship and Corporate Succession
- DegreeBachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Type of studyPart-time study
- Standard period of study8 semesters
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct)
- Credits (ECTS)180
- Language of instructionGerman / English
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Business and Economics
Do you have a great idea with potential which you want to realize? You would also like to manage one of the over 100 000 companies in Germany which are looking for qualified successors? Are you already in employment and think that the role of an Entrepreneur is for you? Then the HWR Berlin is the right place to prepare yourself for this future.
The practical training of the Bachelor’s degree programme Entrepre- neurship and Corporate Succession has been tailored to preparing its students for an independent business role. Providing a thorough grounding in Business Administration and Economics, the Social Sciences, Law, Statistics, Mathe matics and Data Processing, students learn to evaluate and consider the risks and chances involved in business activities. Courses in Strategic Management, Negotiation, Communication and Presentation Techniques help to create the managers of the future.
The degree programme provides future entrepreneurs with the oppor- tunity to combine a high-quality academic education with practice-based learning.
The focus on self-organization and process-oriented working together with a range of specializations which the degree programme provides trains its students for a later management role, whether in their own company or an existing SME. Tailored to the requirements of SMEs, the syllabus prepares graduates of the programme for management tasks in all branches of Business Administration in over three million SMES in Germany; it also equips them to lead their own start-up.
Should students not experience immediate success as entrepreneurs or corporate succession, they are also well-qualified for a career in an inde- pendent company.
The Bachelor’s degree also qualifies graduates for subsequent study on a later Master’s degree programme.
The degree programme Entrepreneurship and Corporate Succession has a standard period of study of six or eight semesters; students can take classes in the day time, evening or study in a Blended Learning experience. The close collaboration with the HWR Business Incubation Center and the Berlin start-up scene is a central part of the degree programme.
Part One Modules (four semesters)
- Business Administration and Economics
- Social Sciences and Law
- Data Processing
- Additional qualifications:
- English, Presentation, Communication and Management Techniques
The degree programme focusses on developing on the skills and knowledge relevant to SMEs.
Part Two Modules (four semesters)
- Specialization in Entrepreneurship and Corporate Succession
- The choice of a second Business Administration focus
- Development of a business model for a new company or corporate succession
- Targeted preparation for professional independence
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
- Business Simulation and Team Development
- Instruments of Controlling
- The Principles of Company Taxation
University entrance qualification or an entrance qualification for a University of Applied Sciences
Fees and grants
- Tuition fees
ca. € 300 per semester (incl. local transport semest