- DegreeBachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Type of studyFull-time study
- Standard period of study6 or 7 semeseters
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct), Summer semester (1 Apr)
- Credits (ECTS)180
- Language of instructionGerman
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Public Administration
Modern public administrations dealing with the public seek to provide a responsive service fulfilling legal requirements and catering to public con- venience. The Bachelor’s degree programme Public Administration employs a mixture of lectures, seminars, projects and internships to impart the theoretical knowledge and practical experience necessary to develop good judgement in a range of situations.
Graduates of this degree programme benefit from a range of advantages: a Laufbahnbefähigung for the senior non-technical Civil Service without Trainee Programme; universal professional deployment; a high degree of interdisciplinarity; and the best-possible future prospects in the context of the wide range of tasks presented by a dynamic urban region. The interdiscipli- nary and practical training with clear legal focus and demanding internship phases guarantee that our graduates know everything and will have experienced everything that they will need for their subsequent careers in the senior administrative sector, middle management level and the Laufbahnbefähigung.
The Bachelor’s degree programme qualifies its graduates to enter the Higher Public Administration of a German State or a Federal Authority. Our grad- uates also work in the not-for-profit sector and public and private companies working with the state sector. The Legal, Economics and Social Science ori- entation of the degree programme enables its graduates to switch between the public and private sectors.
The degree programme is taught over seven semes- ters, incorporating two compulsory internships in the third and sixth semesters (210 ECTS).
Express study: The degree programme can also be completed in six semes ters with Laufbahnanerkennung. The internships are completed in the third semester and also between semesters (210 ECTS).
The degree programme is taught over six semesters. A compulsory internship is taught in the third semester (180 ECTS).
In addition to dealing with issues from Law, Political Science, Administrative Science, Human Resources and Economics, the syllabus imparts a range of key skills essential to a Public Administration managerial role.
• Constitutional Law
• Administrative Law
• Public Order Law
• The Principles of Civil Law
• Efficient Administration
• Administrative Modernization
• Human Resources
• Principles of Political Science, Sociology and Psychology
• The Principles of the Welfare State
• Social Issues and Diversity
• Organizational Theory
• European Law
• The Principles of International Law
• Economic and Environmental Policy/ Industrial and Environmental Law
• Key Skills (inc. Social Skills; Intercultural Skills; Interdisciplinary Working Practices)
• Project Management and Project Design
- University entrance qualification or an entrance qualification for a University of Applied Sciences
Fees and grants
- Tuition fees
ca. € 300 per semester (incl. local transport semester ticket)
Guidance for prospective students
Student Counselling Service
Telephone consultation hours
Tue, Thu 14.00–15.00
Important dates and deadlines
14.04. - 01.08.
20.04. - 18.07.
ÄNDERUNG: Vorlesungszeit Sommersemester
06.07. - 01.08.
21.09. - 02.10.