German Language for Beginners and Advanced Beginners
Our language courses combine intensive German language classes with a taste of the unique culture and history of Berlin and Germany. We offer two courses at beginners’ level: one for absolute beginners and one for advanced beginners. Both courses place special focus on communication and pronunciation, featuring a series of fun, interactive activities such as tongue twisters.
- Date: 3 July – 23 July, 2022
- Course content:
The interactive classes cover general language skills, core grammatical structures, basic vocabulary, and knowledge about German culture and life.
- The course programme also includes:
German Culture & Society: Intercultural Perspectives module
- Course language: German
- Target group: Students aged 18 years and above of all disciplines with no (absolute beginners) or basic knowledge (A1) of German (after studying for 1-2 semesters).
- Number of participants: approx. 20-25
- Registration deadline: April 15, 2022.
March 15, 2022 for nominated students from partner universities
Application starts 31 January 2022!
- Student hostels with shared rooms and breakfast (former may be subject to change).
- Arrival 3 July, 2022 (move in to accommodation), departure 23 July, 2022 (move out of accommodation)
- On weekdays a reasonably-priced lunch can be purchased in the student cafeteria.
- Dinner can be purchased at various locations within the city for between 4-8 Euros.
Culture and Leisure Time Programme
The International Office team offers participants a wide variety of optional cultural and social events in Berlin and the surrounding area about twice a week. This may include visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites (e.g. the Museum Island in Berlin and castles and gardens in Potsdam), the Berlin Wall Museum and Holocaust Museum, or other leisure activities such as beach volleyball, a boat tour and a trip to a beer garden.
70 contact hours
- 60 contact hours business course incl. academic support program
- 10 contact hours German Culture & Society
6 ECTS credits
One class hour is 45 minutes in length