Learn the Language, Understand the Culture, Experience Berlin!
Our language course combines intensive German language classes with a taste of the unique culture and history of Berlin and Germany.
This beginners‘course is aimed at students with no prior knowledge of German.
The course covers general language skills, core grammatical structures, basic vocabulary, and knowledge about German culture and life. The course places special focus on communication and pronunciation, featuring a series of fun, interactive activities such as tongue twisters. A trip to a concert or opera in one of Berlin’s famous concert halls is one of the highlights. The course also features other cultural excursions and a module on German culture & society from an intercultural perspective.
- Date: July 4 – July 24, 2021
- Course language: German
- Hours per week: 20 – 24
- Target group: We welcome anybody aged 18 years or above and interested in learning the German language and in getting to know German culture.
- Number of participants: approx. 15 (a minimum of 10 per course is required)
- Registration deadline: April 1, 2021.
March 15, 2021 for nominated students from partner universities
Application starts 30 January 2021!
- Student hostels with shared rooms and breakfast (former may be subject to change).
- Arrival July 4, 2021 (move in to accommodation), departure July 24, 2021 (move out of accommodation)
- On weekdays a reasonably-priced lunch can be purchased in the student cafeteria.
- Dinner can be purchased at various locations within the city for between 4-8 Euros.
Culture and Leisure Time Programme
The International Office team offers participants a wide variety of optional cultural and social events in Berlin and the surrounding area about twice a week. This may include visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites (e.g. the Museum Island in Berlin and castles and gardens in Potsdam), the Berlin Wall Museum and Holocaust Museum, or other leisure activities such as beach volleyball, a boat tour and a trip to a beer garden.
- 70 contact hours
- max. 6 ECTS credits
- One class hour is 45 minutes in length