Studying at another university

As a free mover you can study abroad outside the cooperation networks maintained by the HWR Berlin.

Free movers are students who organise their study abroad independently and outside of the cooperation agreements of their home universities. It is possible to apply at any university anywhere in the world - but if you do so, you will not benefit from the advantages of a cooperation agreement. In particular tuition fees that are waived when studying at a partner university can often be very high for Free Movers, depending on the destination.   

As a Free Mover, you should send your international application directly to the desired university abroad. The deadline and regulations of the given host university apply. You may apply, as a Free Mover, for a Promos scholarship bewerben. You should also research more about other financing possibilities.

In order to have your attainments achieved abroad recognised on your return to HWR Berlin, you must complete a Learning Agreement in advance. Please refer to the relevant important information on the question of grade and attainment recognition.