Scholarships and Awards
As a student, you may wish to consider applying for a scholarship programme. The HWR Berlin will provide funding for certain degree programmes, or offer (part) scholarships together with partners from business or associations as a reward. We have put together a summary for you of the funding options for students:
Berlin Startup Scholarship
The Berlin Startup Scholarship provides support to entrepreneurs who have come up with their first foundation concept and are preparing for commercial viability.
The Deutschlandstipendium HWR Berlin scholarship funds talented and high-achieving students to the value of 300 euros per month within the standard study period.
DAAD Prize for outstanding achievements of foreign students
International students at the HWR Berlin with above-average academic performance and non-academic engagement may be nominated for the DAAD Prize for outstanding achievements of foreign students. The accolade includes a prize to the value of 1,000 euros and a DAAD certificate.
Final Semester Scholarships
The Final Semester Scholarship aims to support international students in the process of finishing their degree, by enabling them to focus on the their final examinations and writing their thesis, free of financial worries. The Scholarship will cover about 900 € in total.
- International fulltime student at HWR Berlin (Bachelor or Master)
- Disclosure of financial issues
- Very good performance in studies
- Degree should be completed within this year
- Applicant must be living in Germany while completing their thesis
- Applicant cannot be receiving a full or partial scholarship from the DAAD or a full scholarship from another organization during this time
At the beginning of every summer Semester (until the 15th of April) under the subject of available allocation of funds by the DAAD.
- Motivation Letter (personal motivation, as well as reasons for scholarship application)
- Short summary of the topic of your final thesis
- Short statement about current financial situation (documentation is not necessary)
- Documentation of your study performance so far (i.e. grades)
- Letter of recommendation from an HWR-professor
- Current enrolment certificate
- If applicable, all prior experience in field of study or community service completed
Applications are to be submitted in hard copy to the International Office (Building A, Room 3.06). For questions or concerns, please contact Amelie Weinzierl.
A limited number of scholarships are available under the subject of the allocation of funds by the DAAD.
The HWR Berlin supports its high-achieving students as part of the HWR Talent programme.
Other funding options
Students may make use of special funding options for certain degree programmes at the HWR Berlin.
- Study scholarship for the Business Law degree programme
Offering provided by the Bundesagentur für Arbeit (Federal Employment Agency) with financial and academic support, including space on an internship
- Full scholarship for the Public Administration Informatics degree programme
Working in cooperation with the Senate Department for Finance, up to 20 full scholarships are offered for Department 3. The value of the scholarships allows the student to concentrate on his/her studies without being compelled to obtain financing for living costs from another source.