Strategy and Brand Management in the Brewing Industry
Discover the strategies that underpin the global brewing industry in one of the world’s most important beer markets. During this unique two-week programme students will explore the competitive strategies of global market leaders and the management challenges in craft beer production, distribution as well as brand management.
- Date: 3 - 16 January 2021 (two weeks)
- Registration deadline: 15 October 2020
- Course content:
- Strategic Management in the Brewing Industry
- Branding Beer: Approaches to Brand Management in the Brewing Industry
- The course program also includes:
- Study visits to breweries and other related companies/institutions
- Extra module on German Culture & Society: Intercultural Perspectives
- Course language: English
Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL ibt 90 or equivalent) is required.
- Target group: Advanced (Bachelor & Master) business
- Number of participants: approx. 20-25
- Student hostels with shared rooms and breakfast.
- Arrival January 3 (move in to accommodation), departure January 16 (move out of accommodation).
- On weekdays a reasonably-priced lunch can be purchased in the student cafeteria.
- Dinner can be purchased at various locations within the city for between 4-8 Euros.
Culture and Leisure Time Programme
The International Office team offers participants a wide variety of optional cultural and social events in Berlin and the surrounding area about twice a week. This may include visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites (e.g the Museum Island in Berlin and castles and gardens in Potsdam), the Berlin Wall Museum and Holocaust Museum, or other leisure activites such as ice-skating.
50 contact hours
- 40 contact hours' business course including mandatory class excursions
- 10 contact hours' German Culture & Society: Intercultural Perspectives module
5 ECTS credits
One class hour is 45 minutes in length