Business Information Systems
- DegreeBachelor of Science (B. Sc.)
- Type of studyFull-time study
- Standard period of study7 semesters incl. compulsory Internship semester
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct), Summer semester (1 Apr)
- Credits (ECTS)210
- Language of instructionGerman / English
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Business and Economics
Business Information Systems professionals are required to develop and manage complex economic and business processes. IT and Telecommunica- tions are becoming ever-more integrated and in doing so, ensure the success of major industries. This increases industry requirements for qualified recruits able to work in the interface between Business Administration and IT and respond to its changing requirements.
As a mediator between development and application, those working in this area are required to combine the principles of Business Information Systems, Business Administration, the Social Sciences, Law and Economics, whilst being able to work as part of a team. They develop solutions central to company decision-making, provide services to applications companies and provide advice in questions of Information Processing and Communication.
The HWR Berlin has incorporated a wide range of co-operation partners into the provision of an interdisciplinary, practice-related and international degree course.
Graduates of the degree programme Business Information Systems are awarded an internationally-recognized Bachelor of Science (Bsc.) degree which qualifies the holder to study on a Master’s degree programme. They find employment in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations involved in various development tasks such as Web Development, Software Programming or the development and further development of applications. They are also warmly received in areas involved in the conception, planning, implementation and management of complex IT projects supporting a range of company processes such as Application Developers, Application System Advisers, or IT Managers
Part One of the degree programme covers three semesters (foundation stage); Part Two (advanced study) comprises four semesters. The teaching of these two parts are supplemented by further subjects taught in English. The sixth semester is an internship semester. The last semester is dedicated to the Bachelor’s thesis.
Mobility windows are integrated into the degree programme to enable students to study abroad without losing any time
- General Business Administration
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- IT in a Company Setting
- Mathematics for Business and Economics/Statistics
- Foreign Languages
- Communication Skills
- Software Engineering
- IT in a Company Setting
- Software Project
Specialization (3 of 4)
- The Management of Application Systems
- IT Solutions for SMEs
- The Management of Support Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Project Management
- University entrance qualification or an entrance qualification for a University of Applied Sciences
- German language university entrance exam for foreign students.
- Proof of very good English language skills at Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B1 level.
Applicants without a German qualification need to apply via uni-assist e.V.
- Winter semester until 15 Juli
- Sommer semester until 15 January
Fees and grants
- Tuition fees
ca. € 300 per semester (incl. local transport semester ticket)
Guidance for prospective students
Admission and enrolment
Office for Applications, Admissions and Enrolment
+49 30 30877-1800