Business Management – Green Energy and Climate Finance
- DegreeMaster of Science (M.Sc.)
- Type of studyOnline, Part-time study, Distance learning
- Standard period of study24 months
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct)
- Credits (ECTS)90
- Language of instructionEnglish
- Department / Central InstituteBerlin Professional School
The Master of Science in Business Management qualifies graduates for management positions in international companies and organisations.
The programme offers:
- Profound knowledge of concepts, theories and applications of business administration and the option to specialise in Green Energy and Climate Finance
- An interdisciplinary understanding of international management to provide students with the necessary skills to develop a career in the renewable energy and energy efficiency financing markets
- Excellent career prospects: career paths in renewable energy, energy efficiency and climate finance, from the private sector (renewable energy and climate/energy efficiency project developers and investors), to financing institutions and consultancies, to public organisations, among others
- A flexible mode of delivery: studies at any time and from any location
- Practical: 3-day seminar and one week on-campus time with practical exercises, live lectures and networking
- Very experienced partners: Berlin Professional School is a German pioneer in higher management education. RENAC, a globally operating expert on training for renewable energy and energy efficiency, serves as a bridge between students and the industry
- The option to earn the "Green Energy Finance Specialist" (GEFS) certificate from RENAC as part of the programme (including the required exams)
For extensive information about our programme see the website of the Berlin Professional School
The Master Business Management - Green Energy and Climate Finance prepares you for leadership and specialist roles in the field of evaluating, financing, and steering of green energy projects. You extend and broaden your knowledge in areas such as international climate finance, green project finance modelling, due diligence and company evaluation as well as performance measurement in the green energy sector.
The Master of Science in Business Management begins in October annually and runs over the course of 24 months. The distance-learning programme is divided into three sections:
- Phase 1: You learn and build upon fundamental concepts, theories and applications of business administration. You will develop an essential understanding of management with special emphasis on business finance
- Phase 2: Through the elective modules, you will specialise in Green Energy and Climate Finance
- Phase 3: Your master's thesis
The Master of Science in Business Management tackles current topics in international management as well as practical issues in global companies. In addition to traditional management skills, you learn new ways of shaping business models and value chains, marketing products and services, and new management styles. A modern mix of methodological teaching approaches and the integration of practical projects.
- First University degree (210 ECTS) and one year of postgraduate work experience
- For applicants without a first university degree: five years of relevant work experience plus qualification test
Each year, applications are accepted from 1 December until 15 July. We recommend applying early as admissions are made on a rolling basis depending on suitability. 25 places are assigned annually for the programme start in October.