Business Administration/Wholesale and Retail
- DegreeBachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Type of studyCooperative
- Standard period of study6 Semesters (incl. internship)
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct)
- Credits (ECTS)210
- Language of instructionGerman
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Cooperative Studies
The syllabus of the Bachelor’s degree programme Business Administration/ Wholesale and Retail is tailored to the specific requirements and current development of this central sector. Incorporating aspects such as expansion, the development of market-relevant competition strategies, purchasing power/ customer-orientation and innovative business models, the programme has responded to developments in the market and the need for specialists in these areas. The advantages conferred by this degree programme are clear: the strong practical relevance of the training which it provides for a quick entry in the wholesale and retail sector.
Equipped with exactly the right mix of skills, knowledge and branch experience required by recruiters, graduates of this programme are snapped up as soon as they enter the market. They are familiar with the structures, processes and legal requirements of their future employers before they even complete the application form. Our partner companies are hand-picked to reflect the complete spectrum of functions in the wholesale and retail sector, thereby providing students with cutting-edge professional experience. All those interested in working in a dynamic sector of the economy characterized by slimline operations using decentralized structures, flat hierarchies and flexible management practices should chose this course.
Graduates of this degree programme are prepared for management tasks and regularly go on to perform these functions. This includes management of a department, branch or sales division and corporate succession in owner-op- erated organizations. Our graduates are equipped to perform tasks in a range of sectors ranging from company management, Sales, Purchasing and Sales, Human Resources, Controlling, Marketing and Administrative Management.
Whilst providing its graduates with a thorough grounding in the core areas of Business Administration, the cooperative studies Bachelor’s degree pro- gramme Business Administration/Wholesale and Retail also introduces the most recent findings in the Social and Behavioural Sciences relevant to Busi- ness Administration. This degree programme represents the gold standard for the Wholesale and Retail branch, equipping its graduates with all skills requisite to professional employment in the sector, producing management all-rounders versed in organization and interdisciplinary operation with the best social and language skills and highest degree of operational flexibility.
Study and internships abroad can be completed in the fifth theory semester and during the practical phases.
- General Business Administration
- Private Business Law
- Cost and Results Accounting
- Mathematics/Statistics/Operations Research
- Business Information Systems
The subject-specific lecture modules with a Wholesale and Retail focus include:
- Marketing I: The principle of Marketing/Trade Marketing, Product and Product Mix Policy
- Marketing II: Communication Policy, Online Marketing and Contracting Policy
- Marketing III: Strategic Marketing; Co-operation/Concentration, Location Marketing and Sales Policy; Quality Management
- Marketing IV: Market Research; Consumption, The Evaluation of
- Trade Marketing I: Marketing Management;
- The Internationalization of Trade; Efficient Consumer Response
- Trade Marketing II: Practical Project/Mystery Shopping
- Trade Management I: Financial and Balance Sheet Management
- Trade Management II: Personnel Development; Potential Analysis; Specialization in Labour Law; Business Behaviour; Body Language
- University entrance qualification or an entrance qualification for a University of Applied Sciences
- Study agreement with a partner company
- The application is to be submitted to the partner company.
Up to a year before commencement of study
Fees and grants
- Tuition fees
ca. € 300 per semester (incl. local transport semester ticket)
Department of Cooperative Studies
Prof. Dr. Dorrit Peter-Ollrogge
Professor of Business Administration
Student advisory service
Department of Cooperative Studies
Personal counselling for dual study programmes
Office hours (without advance notice)
Thu 15.00 -17.00
Study counselling by telephone
Thu 14.00 -15.00