How to Design Collaborative Online Courses with International Colleagues
This course introduces teachers and employees of Berlin universities into the design of collaborative online courses with international colleagues.
This 90-minute online course provides an introduction to the Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) approach and outlines how you can incorporate digital and international elements into your teaching.
We address questions such as:
- Why should we, as educators, integrate COILs into our teaching?
- What drives student engagement in COILs?
- What kind of financing for COILs exists?
- Which subjects are particularly conducive to COILs?
- How can we collaborate effectively online within culturally diverse teams?
- What other aspects should we consider, e.g. data protection, tools or credits?
- Which other BZHL courses cover COIL-related topics?
- Whom can you contact for further information?
During COIL projects students use digital tools to collaborate and communicate with counterparts from different cultural backgrounds. At the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of COIL and the benefits it can offer you and your students. Furthermore, you will receive information regarding further COIL-related courses and resources related to the topic.
This event is hosted in conjunction with the BeCOIL project and is open to educators from all Berlin-based universities. Educators from international partner institutions associated with a Berlin-based university are also encouraged to join.