Self-defense and self-assertion
In the context of November 25, on the »International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and Girls«, the HWR Berlin, organized by the central Women's and Equal Opportunity Officer with the support of the university management, offers workshops on the topics of self-defense and self-assertion. One workshop will be conducted in English to allow all university members to participate.
- Clear communication and body language
- Recognizing and assessing potentially dangerous situations
- Setting boundaries
- Learning to say no
- Self-assertion and self-confidence in harassment situations
- Dealing with aggression in public spaces, de-escalation
- Simple physical techniques for self-defense
- Overcoming situations of shock
- Using your own voice
Workshop for everyone
A maximum of 16 people can participate in the workshops. This workshop is intended for all members of the HWR Berlin.
The workshop will be held in English.
Claudia Gaca, trained self-defense instructor, owner Chohwa martial arts school (www.chohwa.de), 3rd DAN Taekwondo, Qigong course instructor, coach, engineer.
Register by e-mail
All workshops are booked up.
All interested persons please register by mail to frauenbuero(at)hwr-berlin.de.
- Students please indicate their matriculation number and student e-mail address of the HWR Berlin.
- Employees of the HWR Berlin are asked to coordinate their participation with their supervisor.
You will receive confirmation of your registration in good time before the event.
Indisposed? Please cancel in time
We ask that all those who have made a binding registration and have also received a confirmation of registration take part or, in the event that they are unable to attend, cancel in good time. So far, there have always been people on the waiting list who would like to take over the vacant place.
Other workshop dates:
- Tuesday, 29.11.2022: 10.00-14.00: Workshop in German for female university members
Thursday, 01.12.2022: 14.30-18.00: Workshop in German for female university members
Hier können Sie den Veranstaltungshinweis herunterladen.