How to apply
International Sustainability Management
- DegreeBachelor of Science (B. Sc.)
- Type of studyFull-time study
- Standard period of study7 Semester
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct)
- Credits (ECTS)210
- Language of instructionGerman / English
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Business and Economics
How to apply without a German university entrance qualification
Applicants without a German qualification need to apply via uni-assist by registering their application with uni-assist online as well as sending all relevant documents directly to uni-assist. Uni-assist will check the educational qualifications as equivalent or equal to the appropriate German qualification and forward the application to us.
- Please register first at „Hochschulstart“
- Once you have registered, you will receive a BID and a BAN number.
- Then register at UniAssist.
Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin
Berlin School of Economics and Law
c/o uni-assist e.V.
- Academic qualifications meeting the general requirements for admission to a University or University of Applied Sciences, or professional qualifications allowing University admission as specified in §11 of the Law on Institutions of Higher Education in the State of Berlin (Berliner Hochschulgesetz ‑ BerlHG)
- German language university entrance exam for foreign students.
- Proof of very good English language skills at Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 level.
Where there are more applicants than places, programmes follow a NC (numerus clausus) procedure.
For study courses in German international students have to prove their German proficiency through the “Test of German Language Ability for Foreign College Students (DSH 2)”. Graduates of the Goethe-Zertifikats C2 (Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS)) by the Goethe-Institut, Test-DaF-Graduates with the result of TDN degree 4 in all four tests and graduates of the test „telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule“ do not need the DSH.
Proof of English language skills at level B2, which is considered an admission requirement, can be provided as follows:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) min. 543 points PBT (Paper Based Test) , min. 72 points iBT (Internet Based Test).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System), min. 5.5
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication), min. 785 points
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English), all levels
- BEC Higher (Cambridge Certificate C1 Business Higher)
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English), all levels
- FCE (Cambridge First Certificate of English), min. level C
- or all language certificates which contain a reference to the fact that the language competence of level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Council of Europe) recommended by the Council of Europe has been achieved.
- who have been taught exclusively in English for one year
- or have spent at least one year at a school, university or other institution in an English-speaking foreign country
- or have completed training as a translator or interpreter,
the selection committee may waive the language proficiency requirement.
ASSIST will check for the Berlin School of Economics and Law whether applicants have submitted the following basic documents:
- A completed application form together with a Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of all all previous academic education
- Officially authenticated copies and translations of the ori¬gi¬nal certificates and all documents as specified by the Berlin School of Economics and Law
- An official copy of the university entrance qualifications
- Proof of German language proficiency as specified by the BSEL
- If required, other test certificates
In addition to these basic requirements, the University regulations may require you to submit further documents; if so, these should be attached to your application when it is sent to ASSIST. All the documents as specified are required before your application can be processed and transferred to the Berlin School of Economics and Law.
Once your application passes the ASSIST system check, it will be transferred to the BSEL for further processing. The decision on whether you will be admitted to a course of study rests with the Berlin School of Economics and Law (BSEL) .