The application procedure
Applying for a place on a degree programme: the correct application procedure depends on your qualifications, subject-specific semester and the programme for which you wish to apply.
Applying with non-German school qualifications
University entrance qualification
Applicants to the HWR Berlin need a university entrance qualification. These include:
- A non-German university entrance qualification
- The International Baccalaureate
You can find out whether your university entrance qualification qualifies you for admission to the HWR Berlin or whether you need an additional qualification by consulting the website of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Applying for the first subject-specific semester
Applicants who have never studied before or who are starting a new degree programme will begin in the first subject-specific semester. The correct application procedure depends on the degree programme for which you wish to apply.
- Online applications via Uni Assist: Holders of a non-German university entrance qualification should apply for a Bachelor’s degree programme via Uni Assist.
- Cooperative studies: Applicants for a cooperative studies degree programme should send their application directly to the partner company in which they wish to complete their training. The HWR Berlin maintains cooperation agreements with more than 700 companies.
- Collaborative degree courses: The HWR Berlin works closely together with courts, police authorities and other Berlin-based universities of applied science to run innovative degree programmes. Applications for these programmes should be made directly to the relevant institution.
Applying for a higher subject-specific semester
Students enrolled at another university and who would like to transfer their studies and their credits to the HWR Berlin should apply as follows:
- Online applications via Uni Assist: International students already enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree programme at a different university should apply for a place on a HWR Bachelor’s degree programme in a higher subject-specific semester via Uni Assist.
Applying for a Master’s degree programme in all subject-specific semesters
Holders of a Bachelor’s degree should make their application for a place on a Master’s degree programme through the following procedure:
- Online applications via Uni Assist: International applicants for a Master’s degree programme at the HWR Berlin should make their application for the first or a higher subject-specific semester via Uni Assist.
Applying for a Bachelor’s degree programme
Applying for a Master’s degree programme
Information about applying for all the degree programmes from A to Z
The six steps of the application procedure via Uni Assist
Applying for a cooperative studies degree: Everything you need to know
Student counselling of the departments: If you have questions about your application
Office for Applications, Admissions and Enrolment