How to apply
- DegreeBachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Type of studyFull-time study
- Standard period of study7 semesters incl. compulsory Internship semester
- Commencement of studiesSummer semester (1 Apr), Winter semester (1 Oct)
- Credits (ECTS)210
- Language of instructionGerman / English
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Business and Economics
How to apply without a German university entrance qualification
Applicants without a German qualification need to apply via uni-assist by registering their application with uni-assist online as well as sending all relevant documents directly to uni-assist. Uni-assist will check the educational qualifications as equivalent or equal to the appropriate German qualification and forward the application to us.
- Academic qualifications meeting the general requirements for admission to a University or University of Applied Sciences, or professional qualifications allowing University admission as specified in §11 of the Law on Institutions of Higher Education in the State of Berlin (Berliner Hochschulgesetz ‑ BerlHG)
- German language university entrance exam for foreign students.
- Proof of very good English language skills at Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B1 level.
Where there are more applicants than places, programmes follow a NC (numerus clausus) procedure.
For study courses in German international students have to prove their German proficiency through the “Test of German Language Ability for Foreign College Students (DSH 2)”. Graduates of the Goethe-Zertifikats C2 (Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS)) by the Goethe-Institut and Test-DaF-Graduates with the result of TDN degree 4 in all four tests do not need the DSH.
Suitable proof of English language skills: A language exam such as TOEFL (min. 460 paper based, min. 43 internet based) or continuous English lessons at least up to the German 10th grade or equivalent or completing the secondary school certificate (German 10th grade or equivalent) or meeting the requirements to study at a University of Applied Sciences or having bilingual school education in English or being an English native speaker.
ASSIST will check for the Berlin School of Economics and Law whether applicants have submitted the following basic documents:
- A completed application form together with a Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of all all previous academic education
- Officially authenticated copies and translations of the original certificates and all documents as specified by the Berlin School of Economics and Law
- An official copy of the university entrance qualifications
- Proof of German language proficiency as specified by the BSEL
- If required, other test certificates
In addition to these basic requirements, the University regulations may require you to submit further documents; if so, these should be attached to your application when it is sent to ASSIST. All the documents as specified are required before your application can be processed and transferred to the Berlin School of Economics and Law.
Once your application passes the ASSIST system check, it will be transferred to the BSEL for further processing. The decision on whether you will be admitted to a course of study rests with the Berlin School of Economics and Law (BSEL)
Student Counselling Services
Admission and enrolment
Office for Applications, Admissions and Enrolment
Important dates and deadlines
01.06. - 15.07.
Application period winter semester with german university entrance qualification
01.06. - 15.07.
Application period winter semester without german university entrance qualification
01.12. - 15.01.
Application period summer semester with german university entrance qualification
01.11. - 15.01.
Application period summer semester without german university entrance qualification