How to apply
Public and Nonprofit-Management
- DegreeBachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Type of studyFull-time study
- Standard period of study6 semester
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct), Summer semester (1 Apr)
- Credits (ECTS)180
- Language of instructionGerman
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Public Administration
How to apply without a German university entrance qualification
Students with a Non-German Bachelor degree apply at uni-assist e. V.. It is a certification office founded to support German universities by converting foreign grades and degrees into their German equivalents. Once your application passes the uni-assist system check, it will be transferred to our university for further processing.
Please note that uni-assist charges a processing fee according to the number of universities you want to apply to.
Please register online first and send your completed documents to the following address:
(HWR Berlin – Master programmes)
Hochschule für Wirtschaft und RechtBerlin
Berlin School of Economics and Law
c/o uni-assist e.V.
Uni Assist recommends that applicants apply at least six weeks before the end of the application period
University entrance qualification or an entrance qualification for a University of Applied Sciences
For study courses in German international students have to prove their German proficiency through the “Test of German Language Ability for Foreign College Students (DSH 2)”. Graduates of the Goethe-Zertifikats C2 (Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS)) by the Goethe-Institut and Test-DaF-Graduates with the result of TDN degree 4 in all four tests do not need the DSH.
Uni ASSIST will check for the Berlin School of Economics and Law whether applicants have submitted the following basic documents:
- A completed application form together with a Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of all all previous academic education
- Officially authenticated copies and translations of the ori¬gi¬nal certificates and all documents as specified by the Berlin School of Economics and Law
- An official copy of the university entrance qualifications
- Proof of German language proficiency as specified by the BSEL
- If required, other test certificates
In addition to these basic requirements, the University regulations may require you to submit further documents; if so, these should be attached to your application when it is sent to ASSIST. All the documents as specified are required before your application can be processed and transferred to the Berlin School of Economics and Law.
Once your application passes the ASSIST system check, it will be transferred to the BSEL for further processing. The decision on whether you will be admitted to a course of study rests with the Berlin School of Economics and Law (BSEL) .
Student Counselling Services
Admission and enrolment
Office for Application, Admission and Enrolment
Important dates and deadlines
01.12. - 15.01.
Application period summer semester with german university entrance qualification
01.11. - 15.01.
Application period summer semester without german university entrance qualification
01.06. - 31.07.
Application period winter semester without german university entrance qualification
01.06. - 31.07.
Application period winter semester with german university entrance qualification