How to apply
- DegreeBachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Type of studyFull-time study
- Standard period of study7 semesters
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct)
- Credits (ECTS)210
- Language of instructionGerman / English
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Police and Security Management
How to apply without a German university entrance qualification
Applicants without a German qualification need to apply via uni-assist by registering their application with uni-assist online as well as sending all relevant documents directly to uni-assist. Uni-assist will check the educational qualifications as equivalent or equal to the appropriate German qualification and forward the application to us.
Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin
Berlin School of Economics and Law
c/o uni-assist e.V.
- University entrance qualification or an entrance qualification for a University of Applied Sciences
- German language university entrance exam for foreign students.
- Proof of very good English language skills at Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 level.
For study courses in German international students have to prove their German proficiency through the “Test of German Language Ability for Foreign College Students (DSH 2)”. Graduates of the Goethe-Zertifikats C2 (Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS)) by the Goethe-Institut and Test-DaF-Graduates with the result of TDN degree 4 in all four tests do not need the DSH.
Your English level has to be at least B2 CEFR (Common European Framework of References) or above. For the Master programme International Finance, only TOEFL and IELTS will be accepted. The required minimum score of some of the most known English certificates are listed below. We accept certificates of up to five years old. If you have studied a minimum of two semesters entirely in English, this can be accepted as equivalent (please provide proof with your application). You do not need to provide further English certificates if you hold a GMAT.
- TOEFL IBT – 87 points
- IELTS – 6.0 points
- BULATS – 60 points
- Cambridge - CAE
Please note: We do not accept A-level /school leaving certificates or DAAD language certificates as English proficiency tests.
Please, note that your qualification will be checked only upon application, not beforehand.
ASSIST will check for the Berlin School of Economics and Law whether applicants have submitted the following basic documents:
- A completed application form together with a Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of all all previous academic education
- Officially authenticated copies and translations of the ori¬gi¬nal certificates and all documents as specified by the Berlin School of Economics and Law
- An official copy of the university entrance qualifications
- Proof of German language proficiency as specified by the BSEL
- If required, other test certificates
In addition to these basic requirements, the University regulations may require you to submit further documents; if so, these should be attached to your application when it is sent to ASSIST. All the documents as specified are required before your application can be processed and transferred to the Berlin School of Economics and Law.
Once your application passes the ASSIST system check, it will be transferred to the BSEL for further processing. The decision on whether you will be admitted to a course of study rests with the Berlin School of Economics and Law (BSEL)
Student Counselling Service
Telephone consultation hours
Tue, Thu 14.00–15.00
Admission and enrolment
Registration and Enrolment Service Lichtenberg Campus
Zuständigkeit nach Nachname
Mo 10.00–13.00 Uhr
Mi 10.00–13.00 Uhr
Do 12.30–15.00 Uhr
sowie nach telefonischer Vereinbarung.
Bitte beachten Sie:
Nach Bewerbungsschluss (15.07.) ist das Büro vom 16. Juli bis 31. Juli eines Jahres wegen Vorbereitungen der Zulassungsverfahren geschlossen und auch telefonisch nicht erreichbar.
Important dates and deadlines
01.06. - 15.07.
Application period winter semester with german university entrance qualification
01.05. - 15.07.
Application period winter semester without german university entrance qualification