How to apply
International Business Management
- DegreeBachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Type of studyFull-time study
- Standard period of study8 Semester
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct), Summer semester (1 Apr)
- Credits (ECTS)240
- Language of instructionEnglish
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Business and Economics
- Academic qualifications meeting the general requirements for admission to a University or University of Applied Sciences or
professional qualifications allowing University admission as specified in §11 of the Law on Institutions of Higher Education in the State of Berlin (Berliner Hochschulgesetz ‑ BerlHG)
- Proof of German language skills at a Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) A2 level.
- Proof of very good English language skills at Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 level.
Where there are more applicants than places, programmes follow a NC (numerus clausus) procedure
International applicants whose native language is not German have to study German as their second foreign language as part of the programme and hence need to show basic German skills. All tests with a score equivalent to at least the level A2 (i.e. test "Start Deutsch 2" at the Goethe Institut) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages will be accepted.
The following can be accepted as an equivalent:
A minimum of 200 German language lessons at the time of application (Please note: Confirmation of enrolment in a language course or a confirmation of participation without a grade or evaluation will not be accepted as equivalent)
Your English level has to be at least B2 CEFR (Common European Framework of References) or above. The required minimum score of some of the most known English certificates can be found in the PDF-document under “Information for Applying”. We accept language certificates of up to five years old. If you have studied a minimum of two semesters entirely in English, this can be accepted as equivalent (please provide proof with your application).
Please note: We do not accept A-level /school leaving certificates or DAAD language certificates as English proficiency tests.
Please, note that your qualification will be checked only upon application, not beforehand.
Student Counselling Service
Telephone consultation hours
Tue, Thu 14.00–15.00
Admission and enrolment
Department of Business and Economics
Registration and Enrolment Service Schöneberg Campus
Staff office and opening hours
Important dates and deadlines
01.06. - 15.07.
Application period winter semester with german university entrance qualification
01.12. - 15.01.
Application period summer semester with german university entrance qualification
01.05. - 15.07.
Application period winter semester without german university entrance qualification
01.11. - 15.01.
Application period summer semester without german university entrance qualification