Student counselling services
What should I study? The first port of call for all those unsure of what to study is the Student Counselling Services of the HWR Berlin. Its staff can answer all your questions and advise you on your choice of degree programme.
Should I study for a Bachelor’s, Master’s, distance learning, cooperative studies or extra-occupational degree programme? The Student Counselling Services at the Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin provides advice, information and support in all phases of study − not just about your choice of subject. We provide advice and support for potential applicants, students, teachers and parents, covering a range of subjects from the choice of degree programme, issues experienced during study or questions surrounding changing university.
All our advice is independent, confidential and tailored to your individual needs. We also provide advice on how to make the transition to a Master's degree programme or the world of work as smooth as possible. Come to the Student Counselling Services if you need information or assistance concerning the following issues:
- Choosing a degree programme: You would like to find out about the degree programmes taught at the HWR Berlin and the qualifications on offer.
- Orientating yourself at the university: You need help in getting your bearings at the university or do not yet know which degree programme is right for you.
- Degree programmes: You have specific questions relating to the structure, contents or organization of our degree programmes.
- Applying for a place on a degree programme: You have general questions about application deadlines, admission requirements, qualifying examinations or admissions procedures.
- Changing degree programme: You are considering changing your degree programme or moving to a different university.
- Withdrawal: You are experiencing difficulties in your studies, think you may have chosen the wrong degree or are considering withdrawing from university?
- Financing your studies: You would like to learn more about the various forms of funding?
- Discrimination: Get counselling if you are being disadvantaged at university!
Getting the advice you need
Consultation on site without registration
- Schöneberg Campus, Infothek, House A, Room 3.31: Tuesday 14.00–16.00, Wednesday 14.00–16.00, Thursday 10.00-12.00
- Lichtenberg Campus, House 6A, Room 006: Wednesday 12.00–13.00
The first port of call for all those unsure of what to study is the Student Counselling Services of the Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin. They are experts on issues such as:
- Choosing a degree programme: Which degree course best suits me?
- Applications and admissions: How to apply.
- Financing your studies: How can I finance my studies?
- Selecting the right profession: What opportunities does each degree programme offer?
- Admission without a university entrance qualification: How does that work?
- Studying whilst working or with family responsibilities: How does that work?
- Changing universities: How can I start in a higher subject-specific semester?
The Student Counselling Services are happy to answer any questions at any point in your studies. They are expert in addressing the following issues:
- Orientating yourself at the university: Who provides support when starting my studies?
- Financing your studies: How can I finance my studies?
- Organizing your studies: How should I plan my degree?
- Studying whilst working or with family responsibilities: How does it work?
- Changing degree programmes: What should I do if I decide I want to study something else?
- Conflicts and problems: Examination nerves, arguments or discrimination? What can I do?
- Having doubts: What should I do if I think university might not be for me?
You suppose that you are being discriminated against because of personal characteristics? The anti-discrimination counselling services of the HWR Berlin are there to help you categorise what you have experienced and to show you options for dealing with it.
Please also contact us if you are unsure whether what happened to you was discrimination. We will advise you confidentially and anonymously, if requested. If you have witnessed someone else being discriminated against at the university, you should also contact us.
Get in touch and make an appointment
Open telephone consultation hours
Monday 3:00-4:00 pm
T +49 30 30877-1134
The Student Counselling Services at the HWR Berlin enables teachers, pupils and parents to experience studying at the HWR Berlin.
- Co-operation with schools: Experience an introduction to studying at the HWR Berlin.
- Junior students: School children study Business and Economics.
- A taster course: Visiting lectures like a real student.
- Campus days: A revealing experience for groups! How a degree at the HWR Berlin works.
- Workshops: Finding out together which subject suits you best.
- Events and advice: Finding out what studying involves.
This could also be of interest:
Find your degree programme
Bachelor, Master or cooperative studies? Two clicks will take you directly to your personal selection of degree programmes.
The application procedure from A to Z
Business and Economics, cooperative studies, Law or the Police? Applying for your chosen degree programme.
The world is your oyster! The International Office advises all those planning a semester or work experience abroad.
Job vacancies: The Career Services at the HWR Berlin help you make the best possible transition into the world of work.
We need everyone: The HWR Berlin defines itself as an open, inclusive and diverse university.
Student Counselling Services
Contact form of the Student Counselling Services
Contact form for Master's programmes in Department 1: Business and Economics