How to apply
Nonprofit-Management and Public Governance
- DegreeMaster of Arts (M.A.)
- Type of studyFull-time study
- Standard period of study4 semesters
- Commencement of studiesWinter semester (1 Oct)
- Credits (ECTS)120
- Language of instructionGerman
- Department / Central InstituteDepartment of Public Administration
How to apply without a German university degree
Students with a Non-German Bachelor degree apply at uni-assist e. V.. It is a certification office founded to support German universities by converting foreign grades and degrees into their German equivalents. Once your application passes the uni-assist system check, it will be transferred to our university for further processing.
Please note that uni-assist charges a processing fee according to the number of universities you want to apply to.
Please register online first and send your completed documents to the following address:
(HWR Berlin – Master programmes)
Hochschule für Wirtschaft und RechtBerlin
Berlin School of Economics and Law
c/o uni-assist e.V.
Uni Assist recommends that applicants apply at least six weeks before the end of the application period
- Proof of successful completion of the first professionally qualifying university degree together with an overall average grade
- Evidence of a minimum of three years of study at a level to which the first higher education qualification giving entitlement to exercise a profession gives admission
Anyone who is not a German citizen or who has completed a German-language degree programme must provide proof of German language skills that correspond at least to level C 1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ("CEFR C1") recommended by the Council of Europe.
English language skills are recommended, corresponding at least to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages recommended by the Council of Europe.
- Tabular curriculum vitae
- Copy of passport (front and back)
- Officially certified photocopies of the original certificates with the official translations of the certificate and the document in German
- Letter of motivation of 500-700 words
- Proof of German language skills - Must correspond to level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ("CEFR C1") recommended by the Council of Europe.
Student Counselling Services
Admission and enrolment
Office for Applications, Admissions and Enrolment
(Appointments by telephone only)
Nonprofit-Management und Public Governance (Fachbereich 3)
Immobilien- und Vollstreckungsrecht (Fachbereich 4)
International Security Management (Fachbereich 5)
Important dates and deadlines
01.05. - 30.06.